BCBP General Policies
- The department follows all policies and procedures of the University and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Social distancing is strictly enforced with a minimum separation of 6ft to maintained at all times when possible.
- All emergencies or building issues should be immediately reported to Terry Lovingshimer | Cell: 979-450-6911
BCBP Lab Policies
- University and COALS guidelines mandate strict closure and quarantine protocols for any research laboratory in which a member of that laboratory has COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (> 15 min of exposure, within 6 ft separation, in previous 48 hrs) even when wearing masks or other PPE.
- Personnel displaying symptoms or who have a positive COVID-19 test CANNOT return to work in a BCBP laboratory for at least 10 days after the onset of their symptoms AND they have been fever/symptom-free for at least 3 days without being on medication.
- In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk of a lab shut-down all labs must:
- Have strict social distancing of 1 person per 100 sq ft of laboratory space at all times.
- only 1 person per a research bay
- frequently clean contact surfaces with EPA approved disinfectant
- Establish and enforce strict schedules for shared lab space and equipment
- For training of rotation students, both masks and face shields are required by all personnel involved with 6ft social distancing at all times when necessary.
Students, technicians, and staff scientists are encouraged to respectfully decline any requests that are deemed unreasonable, unsafe, or counter to recommended COVID practices. Department leadership unequivocally supports your right to a safe work environment.
University and College COVID-19 Resources
How to Report
Employee includes undergraduates working for pay, graduate students, postdocs, and other paid staff.
Stockroom and Facilities
Stockroom and Facilities will continue to work full schedule M–F 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. For contact information please see the directory.
Anonymous Reporting of Policy Violations
If you witness a violation of our policies, please fill out this anonymous form. Please include detailed and accurate information so that we may address the issue promptly.
PPE, hand sanitizer, and other supplies can be obtained the Biochemistry and Biophysics Stockroom
- Contact the instructor of record for all questions regarding course information.
- Contact your advisor for all questions pertaining to advising.
- Please review the new OGAPS guidelines for document submission instructions.
- Other questions can be directed to the graduate program team
- Contact the lab’s Principal Investigator for all research inquiries.