BCBP Lab Policies
In accordance with current TAMU and AgriLife policies, all students, staff, and faculty are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated and also to wear masks and socially distance to the greatest degree possible when in public indoors settings.
Do not come to work if ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Personnel displaying symptoms or who have a positive COVID-19 test CANNOT return to work in a BCBP laboratory for at least 10 days after the onset of their symptoms AND they have been fever/symptom-free for at least 3 days without being on medication.
Students, faculty and staff who test positive or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are required to self-report.
Report symptomatic individuals, positive tests, and close contacts to the TAMU portal and to PI/supervisor.
- Unvaccinated individuals must quarantine for 10 days if they have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19.
- People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 5-7 after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.
Lab Shutdown and Cleaning
If an individual tests positive for COVID-19 or is symptomatic and has been in a BCBP lab within the last 7 days, the lab must be closed for 24 hours for cleaning after the positive test result was received or the symptomatic individual last occupied the space for more than 15 minutes.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk of a lab shutdown all labs are strongly encouraged to:
- Social distance with one person per 100 sq ft of laboratory space and only one person per research bay to the degree possible.
- Minimize close-contact where possible and appropriate by using Zoom or other remote options for group meetings etc.
- Frequently clean contact surfaces with EPA approved disinfectant.
- Establish and enforce schedules for shared lab space and equipment.
- Have all personnel involved in training rotation students wear masks when within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes in a 24-hour period.
University and College COVID-19 Resources
How to Report
Employee includes undergraduates working for pay, graduate students, postdocs, and other paid staff.
Stockroom and Facilities
Stockroom and Facilities will continue to work full schedule M–F 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. For contact information please see the directory.
Anonymous Reporting of Policy Violations
If you witness a violation of our policies, please fill out this anonymous form. Please include detailed and accurate information so that we may address the issue promptly.
Reporting COVID-19 Policy Violations
PPE, hand sanitizer, and other supplies can be obtained the Biochemistry and Biophysics Stockroom
- Contact the instructor of record for all questions regarding course information.
- Contact your advisor for all questions pertaining to advising.
- Please review the new OGAPS guidelines for document submission instructions.
- Other questions can be directed to the graduate program team
- Contact the lab’s Principal Investigator for all research inquiries.